REFLECTIONS ON LIFE DESIGN
GUEST: PAULA TURSI
Paula is Founder + Director of Reflections Center for Conscious Living & Yoga + the internationally renowned Reflections Yoga teaching Training Program. She has been working with alternative healing practices in New York City + internationally for over 20 years. Paula developed Reflections Yoga as a way to integrate what she found most inspiring in other practices with her own personal truth. There, she offers yoga, meditation + counseling as a way to facilitate structure, guidance and a more conscious lifestyle. Her classes are a candid blend of artful alignment + attention cues targeted to your body, mind and heart.
- How do we get to where we need to be when we hear the fear voices in our head telling us not to go there
- Paula’s path comes from following her heart and Reflections studio was created to help people find their way to consciousness
- Reflections Yoga Teacher Training Program was created for self-exploration: learn how to live in your body to be a whole and complete person before learning asanas
- Letting go can be difficult and tension in a yoga pose and in life can be our struggle with control vs surrender
- Community is essential to this work because we get so many opposing messages that we need to surround ourselves with people who feel, think + vibrate similarly
Listen for a special offer to try a free class at Reflections Center for Conscious Living & Yoga Studio in Manhattan
MORE ABOUT PAULA
Paula began her training at Integral Yoga, where she studied Hatha + Restorative Yoga. Her studies continued with esteemed teachers Angela Farmer, Leslie Kaminoff + Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen who guided her learnings in the art of yoga, breath work, anatomy, + movement awareness practices.
She earned a masters degree in Education from Hunter College + studied Psychology at Columbia University, She did her clinical post-graduate training at the Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis, + she now trains exclusively with Stephen Gilligan in the practice of Generative Trance hypnosis + meditation with Joe Dispenza. Additionally, Paula is a MS, ERYT and certified at the 500-hour level with the Yoga Alliance. She has been named one of Well + Good’s Top 5 Meditation Teachers + she is a contributing author on the book Happy Gut with Dr. Vincent Pedre.