Trauma + Breath with Anne Margolis: Midwife, Author, Change Maker
PODCAST OF RADIO SHOW APRIL 17, 2019
GUEST: ANNE MARGOLIS
This podcast builds on Karen’s conversation with Anne last fall (October, 17th 2018), where they discussed Anne’s experience both giving birth and midwifing births and how traditional experiences can sometimes include trauma. Here they delve further into the topic of trauma and how it is unique to each individual, it lives in our bodies long after we experience it and how releasing it can be a somatic rather than logical.
- How trauma can show up and how to deal with it
- Trauma can be an opportunity for growth
- It is difficult to heal emotions through logical thinking
- Trauma is energy stored in our bodies
- Trauma can manifest itself through chronic illnesses
- Trauma is unique for each individual
- It is a somatic experience to release trauma that lives in our bodies
- Many other cultures will move their joy and grief in community with dance, music & movement
- How Clarity Breathwork and the Femme! Experience can help release trauma
MORE ABOUT ANNE
Anne is the author of Natural Birth Secretsand Trauma Release Formula. She has appeared on TV shows and movies including four episodes of A Baby Story on TLC Discovery Channel, and the award winning feature documentaries,Orgasmic Birth and The Human Longevity Project. She has been a featured speaker and expert panelist at distinguished events for Weil-Cornell School of Medicine, the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, RCC State University of New York School of Nursing, Birthnet Association of Childbirth Professionals and Hudson Valley Birth Network. Anne’s Clarity Breathwork and Femme! healing movement workshops have been hosted at The Assemblage in NYC.