The unique combination of imagery, sensing, feeling and moving leads to a full body/mind workshop experience making the body part that each class focuses on insignificant. If you have trouble with one part of your body, any area we focus on in a workshop will have a drastic impact not only on that body part but on the functioning of the entire body and mind.
Typical results from working with the Franklin Method:
- You feel agile and flexible
- Habitual tension disappears, and you know how to deal with it when it creeps up again
- You experience a feeling of effortlessness
- Your movement becomes more efficient, saving you energy
- You discover that, in fact, your body can feel REALLY GOOD
- Your coordination improves
- Posture changes so that it feels more comfortable to have “good” posture (healthy, dynamic alignment) than to slouch
- You breathe deeply and with less effort
- You develop a deep respect for the way your body works
- Body and joint pain improves and with time and practice disappears altogether
- Improved outlook and a general feeling of well being that can be applied to everyday life outside of class (no mat needed!)
Weekly Franklin Class: This basics class we look at the design and function of a specific body part using imagery, movement and touch. We then apply this newfound information to movement exercises typically using a 9ft elastic Thera band and rubber Franklin Method balls. The aim is for the student to become an agent of change capable of sensing and feeling the unique habits & patterns within their own body and mind that creates unnecessary wear and tear. The ongoing process of self awareness and self discovery is the key ingredient for radical change in the body and mind. Over time, students become familiar with a broad range of topics including the muscles and bone rhythms of the shoulders, pelvis, feet, knees, and spine.
Ball and Bands Weekly Class: This class is fun and different; no mat needed. Based in imagery, it’s whole body movement with bands and balls, incorporating an understanding of biomechanics and dynamic alignment, improving strength, flexibility, and coordination. The class can be tailored for either restoration and relaxation, or a solid workout and conditioning. Either way, students leave feeling energized yet relaxed, aligned and lifted with a sense of effortlessness.
2-3 hour Workshops: Workshops are a perfect way to get acquainted with the Franklin Method and incorporate elements of both the weekly Franklin class and the ball and bands weekly class all in one phenomenal experience. Since we can only take in so much at any one time, you will hear the information in a new way each time and deepen your embodiment making these a great way to get a firm grasp on FM principles. Each workshop includes an intro to mind/body and exercises with balls and/or bands, and can be set up singularly or as a series. Workshop options listed below.