Explore the mind-body connection to feel energized and healthy…
You have the power to resolve injuries, to slow down the effects of aging on the body and to become better at any physical or mental activity. Whether you are an athlete, a yogi, or trapped in an office all day… through the Franklin Method you will learn to transform any activity (yoga, pilates, dance, running, swimming, walking, sitting, standing) into a way that feels better in your body.
Experience what many of us associate with the benefits of meditation & mindfulness ……..while you move, Franklin Method classes improve clarity & focus (better than a New York Times crossword puzzle and you are moving & exercising!! ), melt tension in the body & mind, improve strength, co ordination, flexibility, balance, alignment & stability, and teach how the body is designed to move. Each class focuses on a different part of the body: hips & pelvis, spine & back, neck & shoulders, knees, etc. Learn mind/body techniques that utilize the power of imagery. Explore detailed anatomy of the body made simple with props like bone models to build a clear vision and image of how the body is designed to function. Then apply the information to daily life through movement utilizing thera bands and balls when applicable.
Franklin Method transforms the science behind the latest understanding of neuroplasticity into practical tools. What is neuroplasticity you ask? It is the fundamental built in capacity of your brain and nervous system to learn and change. At one time science thought we were stuck with the gene pool we were born with..its your lot in life..sigh. Science now recognizes this to be outdated and false. Genes can be altered though our perception of our life or environment..and thus change our response to it. We put this information to work in these classes.
This work is the difference between knowing your body can change and actually changing it!! Join us and create an upward spiral for your health & movement.
Typical results from working with the Franklin Method:
- You feel agile and flexible
- Habitual tension disappears, and you know how to deal with it when it creeps up again
- You experience a feeling of effortlessness
- Your movement becomes more efficient, saving you energy
- You discover that, in fact, your body can feel REALLY GOOD
- Your coordination improves
- Posture changes so that it feels more comfortable to have ‘good’posture (healthy, dynamic alignment) than to slouch
- You breathe deeply and with less effort
- You develop a deep respect for the way your body works
- Body and joint pain improves and with time and practice disappears all together
- Improved outlook and general feeling of well being that can be applied to everyday life outside of class ( i.e. no mat needed!)