World Renowned Dancer talks about
The power of
Daily Life & Artistic Practice.
Michelle Boulé has studied the body and movement for 35 years. An award-winning dancer, choreographer, and teacher of international renown, she has always believed that creativity, movement and healing are inextricably linked. The New York Times has said “When Ms. Boulé is onstage, it’s hard to take your eyes off of her…”, and she was the featured contemporary dancer in a video profile by The New Yorker Magazine. Michelle credits her work in energy and consciousness-based medicine as a tool that has furthered her career as an artist. Various injuries and setbacks also gifted her with an intimate understanding of how the body and energy move, allowing her to connect to clients with precision and compassion in her energy medicine practice.
Michelle became a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner in 2008, immediately recognizing it to be one of the most comprehensive, effective, and efficient healthcare modalities she had ever encountered. It transformed her life, to say the least, by giving her a profoundly different understanding of how the body, mind, and spirit find vitality and health. Her work in dance and healing is also influenced by a broad repertoire of healing modalities studied over the course of twenty years, including SourcePoint Therapy, BioGeometry, Yuen Method, Body-Mind Centering®, Fitzmaurice Voicework, Alexander Technique, Franklin Method, Feldenkrais Method, yoga, and Ayurveda.
As a dance artist, Michelle’s choreographic work has received commissions and presentations from numerous venues in New York City, including The Chocolate Factory, Danspace Project, River to River Festival, American Realness, ISSUE Project Room, and the Met Breuer (with cellist Okkyung Lee). Her work has also toured to Latvia, Ireland, Sweden, Canada, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia. Awards received include the Distinguished Legacy Award (University of IL), a “Bessie” Award and Nomination, New York Foundation for the Arts Choreography Fellowship, New Music USA Grant, Boekelheide Creativity Award, Jerome Foundation Travel & Study Grant, and residencies from the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council’s Extended Life Dance Development Program, Gibney, Yaddo, MacDowell Colony, Bemis Center, Movement Research, DanceHouse (Ireland), SKITE (France), and DanceWeb (Vienna). Michelle has collaborated and toured internationally with several choreographers including Miguel Gutierrez, Bebe Miller, John Jasperse, John Scott, and Deborah Hay. She is on the teaching faculty at Movement Research and The New School and has guest taught at dance institutions throughout North and South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
I am a GUEST HOST every third Wednesday of the month on the Truth is Funny Radio Show on Transformational Talk Radio with Colette Stefan. Listen in live via the link HERE. We love audience participation and invite you to call in at 1.800. 930.2819 with questions or shares anytime during the hour of the live show.
To participate in the RADIO SHOW and get the most out of it:
- Before you begin listening, take notice what you are feeling in your mind and body .
- Take and breathe in and let it go. Scan your body & mind for sensations, tension, breathing pattern, posture and any other noticings.
- If you are about to listen in live go ahead and begin listening once you have “taken stock” of where you are at. If you are listening to a recording, set the intention that the show most aligned with your current situation will be clear to you. See which show are you drawn to listen to. It may not be the one you first thought, but follow the choice that arises after the breathe and the noticings.
- Sit back, relax and take in the vibration of the words. Take cleansing breathes when you are called. If there is something that you do not understand…practice letting the need to logically understand it go and just allow the experience to unfold.
- After you are done listening take a moment to notice again how you are feeling in your body and mind. Notice if anything you were experiencing shifted or expanded. Feel free to write in the comments below what you noticed!
Please note these radio shows were created with the intention to shift not just the caller on the phone but the entire community of listeners at the time of the call and anyone listening to a recording in the future. The shows were also created to attract the callers that would benefit the listening community in the deepest capacity. So it is of no coincidence if you feel deeply connected to the issues presented or the feedback given to the callers on the line. Thank you for opening your mind and heart to power you have to create change in your life with ease and grace. Many blessings to you 🙂
Listen to a recording of past shows to expand your view of your current situation and get back into the flow of your life. We call this shifting. A shift is when you expand a stagnant energy or perspective around a challenge, conflict or situation. The expanded state gets you back into your creative energy flow where you are able to access free choice and perspective that is more deeply aligned with your true nature.