Experience the future of movement. Explore the mind-body connection to feel energized & healthy…
You have 60,000 thoughts a day..how many of those thoughts are actually useful? Explore the power of the mind to impact change in your life. And experience what many of us associate with the benefits of meditation & mindfulness….while you move & exercise.
Whether you are an athlete, a yogi, trapped in an office all day or rehabilitating an injury… you will learn to transform any activity (yoga, pilates, dancing, running swimming, walking, sitting, standing, studying, prepping for a performance or test, etc) into a way that feels better in your body and mind.
This work is the difference between knowing your body can change and actually changing it!! Join us and create an upward spiral of your health & movement.
Learn more details about the science, philosophy and expectations of a Franklin Method class HERE.
Connect to what elite athletes have known and applied for over a decade to get to the next level….what you are imaging and focusing on when you move drastically impacts how you move, not just in sports but in life in general.
“Reggie (the skeleton’s name, lol) is a great teacher ….and so are you! Thank you Karen for your knowledge, humor and humanity. Hours later my mind is more clear and calm, my heart (and its environs-ribcage, collar bones, scapula and arms) remain open”
– Perry Levinson, Licensed Acupuncturist & Massage Therapist, NY
Each workshop begins with a powerful series of scientific based mind/body imagery exercises to demonstrate how you can use your brain to improve your body’s function and your life experience. In this Relax the Neck & Liberate the Shoulders Workshop you will:
- Learn how your shoulders are designed to move to have suspended, free and easy shoulders
- Create smooth joint action using balls and thera-bands
- Combine the power of the mind & body to release tension, improve flexibility, improve performance, and guide optimal movement
- Learn how to melt away tension and associated mental anxiety
- Release holding patterns in the upper body
- Improve focus, coordination, flexibility, and strength of the body combining mental and physical training
- Learn why many of the cues we currently hold to be true in exercise and yoga such as “pull your shoulders back and down”, “stick your chest out”… put the body in direct conflict with how it is designed to move and can increase susceptibility to injury
“This was great! I had no idea what to expect and I feel fantastic after the 2-hour workshop. You don’t have to live with neck tension. There is a new way to release that we can do without massage.”
Open to everyone – all ages, sizes and fitness levels!
To register and lock in your savings, please visit:
sound MOVEMENT Gyrotonic & Pliates Studio website. Click on class schedule and online reservations and go to March 3rd to find the registration links.
$38 before March 11th. Full Rate: 50.00 PER PERSON.