Experience the future of movement. Explore the mind-body connection to feel energized & healthy…
You have 60,000 thoughts a day..how many of those thoughts are actually useful? Explore the power of the mind to impact change in your life. And experience what many of us associate with the benefits of meditation & mindfulness….while you move & exercise.
Whether you are an athlete, a yogi, trapped in an office all day or rehabilitating an injury… you will learn to transform any activity (yoga, pilates, dancing, running swimming, walking, sitting, standing, studying, prepping for a performance or test, etc) into a way that feels better in your body and mind.
“Reggie (the skeleton’s name, lol) is a great teacher ….and so are you! Thank you Karen for your knowledge, humor and humanity. Hours later my mind is more clear and calm, my heart (and its environs-ribcage, collar bones, scapula and arms) remain open”
– Perry Levinson, Licensed Acupuncturist & Massage Therapist, NY
Franklin Method classes:
- Improve clarity & focus — better than a New York Times crossword puzzle and you are moving & exercising!!
- Melt tension in the body & mind
- Improve strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, alignment & stability, and teach how the body is designed to move
Powerful tools such as bone models, I bring a skeleton and more to every class, help students feel, image and embody the actual design of the body. Students learn how the body’s design is often in conflict with many exercise cues such as “pull your belly in, lift your pelvis, or keep your shoulders back and down”. We then apply this to movement with exercise using thera bands & balls creating a vivid experience of change for the students and amazing them at the same time.
These classes are a powerful adjunct for personal trainers, yoga teachers, pilates teachers, physical therapists, nurses, medical doctors and lay students alike to bring any kind of movement to the next level with an unprecedented level of ease & longevity in the body & mind.
Sensing and feeling the body through the techniques we explore engages neuroplasticity: the fundamental capacity for the brain and nervous system to change. So a by product of these classes is not only tension release, improved coordination, flexibility, strength & organization, but enhanced clarity & focus for the brain as new neural pathways are developed.
Our bodies have three times the number of sensory receptors in the muscles as motor receptors and 6 times as many in the fascia. We are actually more wired for Sensory Refinement than just firing up the muscles in strength training and stretching. These classes highlight the power of sensory refinement with unique tools to increase strength and flexibility while enhancing ease and longevity in the body & mind.
Students instantly connect to what elite athletes have known and applied to get to the next level….what you are imagining and focusing on when you move drastically impacts how you move, not just in sports but in life in general.
This work is the difference between knowing your body can change and actually changing it!! Join us and create an upward spiral of your health & movement.
Typical results from working with the Franklin Method:
- You feel agile and flexible
- Habitual tension disappears, and you know how to deal with it when it creeps up again
- You experience a feeling of effortlessness
- Your movement becomes more efficient, saving you energy
- You discover that, in fact, your body can feel REALLY GOOD
- Your coordination improves
- Posture changes so that it feels more comfortable to have ‘good’ posture (healthy, dynamic alignment) than to slouch
- You breathe deeply and with less effort
- You develop a deep respect for the way your body works
- Body and joint pain improves and with time and practice disappears altogether
- Improved outlook and a general feeling of well being that can be applied to everyday life outside of class (no mat needed!)
“This was great! I had no idea what to expect and I feel fantastic after the 2-hour workshop. You don’t have to live with neck tension. There is a new way to release that we can do without massage.”
Open to everyone – all ages, sizes and fitness levels!
To register and lock in your savings, please visit:
sound MOVEMENT Gyrotonic & Pliates Studio website. Click on class schedule and online reservations and go to March 3rd to find the registration links.
$38 before March 11th. Full Rate: 50.00 PER PERSON.
Each workshop begins with a powerful series of scientific based mind/body exercises to demonstrate how you can use your brain to improve your body’s function and your life experience.
- Learn how your shoulders are designed to move to have suspended, free and easy shoulders
- Create smooth joint action using balls and thera-bands
- Combine the power of the mind & body to release tension, improve flexibility, improve performance, and guide optimal movement
- Learn how to melt away tension and associated mental anxiety
- Release holding patterns in the upper body
- Improve focus, coordination, flexibility, and strength of the body combining mental and physical training
- Learn why many of the cues we currently hold to be true in exercise and yoga such as “pull your shoulders back and down, stick your chest out…but the body in direct conflict with how it is designed to move